WinterRose

WinterRose

The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
The Search for WondLa - Tony DiTerlizzi I've read it described this way on a few other reviews, and I say it's probably really the best way to decribe this book - a mesh of Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz and Star Wars (particularly the Ewok Adventure movies), and that's kinda what you have here. Now I happen to love all those things, so I found this book right up my alley.

I passed by the book a number of times, vaguely curious about it, but never actually picked it up until my husband saw it at a store and brought it home thinking I would like it. And I am glad he did!

It's a very classical coming-of-age adventure with Eva Nine as our lead. I love how emotional the story was. It was a children's story yes, but it does not shy away from making everything all sunshine and smiles. But it does so with tact and grace.

I loved the characters, the writing and the story. To me everything really worked and flowed. It was an easy read because the action keeps it driving ahead with little pause.

If DiTerlizzi does end up writing a sequel, I will definately read it!