WinterRose

WinterRose

The School for Good and Evil
Soman Chainani
A Little Princess - Tasha Tudor, Frances Hodgson Burnett I grew up very familiar with the Shirley Temple movie version of the story and then later, the 1995 movie version and adored both. For many years I've wanted to actually read the book itself though. I have a beautiful hard cover of the book with beautiful color illustrations, but because of it's size, it's awkward to carry around for my coomute to work, so unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to it. But now that I have my Nook, I can actually get to reading it! And now finished with it, I only wish I had the chance sooner.

What a perfectly lovely story! I am totally in love with this book. It was utterly enchanting and really touched my heart. The writting is beautifully crafted and I got swept up in Sara's story. For many, it may seem to be almost too saccharine, but growing up with the story, I found it as warm and comfortable as an old blanket.

There's really not much to say other than that I highly reccomend reading the book if you're a fan of the films. It is a well-deserved children's classic and I think more young people should be exposed to this book because it sends some very good messages.